Sunday, April 3, 2011

MUSICAL FACTS: The consuming power of a song



About 6 years ago I was under some emotional turmoil. If you breathing you know childhood experiences, life circumstances, & life in general can rock you to your core. In exasperation I prayed pretty much in the same manner as this song...today, it finally occurred to me that God has used those very same things that were overwhelming me, allowed me to see them, as if reflected back at me in the mirror of my Soul, and turned them around for my good.

I invite you to allow God to burn all things away from you, from your past, from your here and now that hinder your growth, that cripple your heart, that seek to steal, kill and destroy the purpose of God in your life...do not be afraid...God's fire is far more supreme than the eternal burning one that not only consumes, but destroys...God's fire REFINES & STRENGTHENS...and makes us alive again - with driven purpose.

Be well again...

FACT:
Zechariah 13: 9 - I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’and they will say, ‘The LORD is our God'

2 Corinthians 7-10 - To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

John 15: 1-8 - I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.

*** "Consume Me" is from Emrand Henry's CD "No Retreat, No Surrender". You can find it on www.GospelReggae.com ENJOY! And let the power, love and fire of God CONSUME YOU! *** 

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome and you should develop this word some more. What came to my mind and heart after reading this was Hebrews 12. I know you will love this. Praise God

    ReplyDelete