Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Fact about Love is...

Love NEVER fails...1 Corinthians 13:8

Beautiful Man
as I hold your charm in the palm of my hand
I think back to days long gone of a land of chocolate brown ebony
ancestral legacy
spiritual harmony between my Black Man and me 
I remember the suffering - 
the past four thousand years brings to mind a time of agony 
when others expressed their fear of you and me 
when strange fruit hung from trees 
dripping seeds of life on infertile ground 
and women bore rape like soldiers on a battlefield
I bear witness to the destruction of our family
babies sold into nigger-hood 
women's honor sullied as our protectors stood helpless 
robbed of their manhood 
I see our fight for liberation, 
civil, rightful reparations vanquished by the Master Plan - 
no Access or Visa if your skin is the wrong color
I hear the voice of Mama Africa call to the martyred spirits
too often forgotten nowadays
I cry for our people who no longer remember our Trail of Tears, 
thinking it all years away
I hold your charm in the palm of my hand 
and wonder how such a thing of beauty can strike fear into the hearts of men
I hold your charm in the palm of my hand
and shower it with the survived love of unforgotten years...

"Beautiful Man".  © 1998 Kalinago Woryi

No comments:

Post a Comment